Saturday, June 02, 2007

Last Long

decided to do my last longish run (before the half marathong next weekend) early this morning before going to soccer. I was out the door at about 6.45 and it was only about 4 degrees. I wore a long sleeved t-shirt over my running top and a pair of thin tracksuit pants.

The plan was to do 10ks at an easy pace (I don't seem to manage any other pace first thing). I felt quite good the whole way but wasn't pushing hard.

The great things is that I managed a negative split which I don't always do due to the killer hill involved in the second half of this run. I actually had another PB for this hill and managed it in 8.44 (my previous best was 9.12).

Got back to discover that D was not well and so we decided that he could give soccer a miss. G had some things to do in town so he took J and his friend to soccer and I got to stay home. This means that I could have done my run later but I'm glad that I got it out of the way.

I can't believe that it's a week till the Macleay River Half Marathon. I just wish that I had a few more weeks of the great training that I have been getting into this week. Still, my main goal is to finish and it will be a PB no matter what. I will try to stick behind a friend from work who is aiming to beat last year's 1.57. the course is good. It is incredibly flat most of the way so it should feel a lot easier than my normal route.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home