Monday, June 18, 2007

8 1/2 is the new 9 1/2

Decided to do 12ks for the long run this weekend to give the legs a little more recovery time. After spending half the day at soccer I set out at 4.00 this afternoon. It was cool again (16 degrees) but not cool enough for long sleeves.

I warmed up pretty quickly and had a good run. The time all up was 81.15. I am happy with that as I felt comfortable the whole way and wasn't trying to push at all.

The time for the killer hill was 8 1/2 minutes. I am very happy with that. I felt good the whole way, didn't rush, just kept it steady. When I compare not eve being able to run/walk without stopping a few months ago (before I knew about the Graves) this makes me really happy.

Last night I was watching netball and one of the commentators was discussing how fit one of the players was and remarked that "She even runs half marathons for fun".

2 Comments:

At 3:30 PM, Blogger Celeste said...

Don't you just love those mini-acheivements? I was riding to work the other day when I realised I'd made it up one of the hills without changing to the lowest gear! It was unconscious at the time but now I make sure I DON'T change down!

 
At 2:07 PM, Blogger Samurai Running said...

I'm not sure how celeste does it, she's fantastic, being able to ride while "unconscious" and all ;)

Makes all our efforts seem pretty lame eh!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home