Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Still Undecided

About how hard to go out on Sunday, that is. I seem to have confused some readers by mentioning the 10k run from last year. I am actually doing the half marathon (my first) which is why I am thinking about it so much. I have no idea how to approach this race, but the main thing is that I want to finish it.

A nice easy 5ks in the rain this afternoon. I wanted to sit on 6.30 pace after my speedier efforts of late and I managed this nicely by finishing in 32.13.

It was a little muddy with one slippery patch, but the rain wasn't too heavy. Just checked bom.gov.au and the forecast is for rain Thursday, Friday and Saturday, but fine on Sunday. This is pretty much what happened last year so I hope it is accurate (not that I have never run in the rain before).

One more short one planned for Friday morning and that's it!!

3 Comments:

At 9:47 PM, Blogger Lulu said...

When I did my first half I didn't really worry about the time as I'd never run the distance. I tried to go out a bit slower than my 10km time and see how long I could hold on for. So 5.40-5.45 might do the trick, and how long you can keep it up for might depend on how many long runs you have done.

Having said that, on the day it will really depend on how you feel so I would be tempted to say, don't worry about it and just go with how you feel.

 
At 11:52 PM, Blogger Samurai Running said...

I got it RU,

Sorry, weel in that case you're sure to PB!

Looking forward to hearing all about it. The half is my favorite race.

 
At 4:38 PM, Blogger Robert said...

Thanks for the comment on my blog. Reading back a little, I think you'll do just fine Sunday. Best of luck and at the very least you'll have a number to beat next time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home