Friday, June 15, 2007

Cool

It was cold today. One of the few days in this part of the world hwen it did not hit 20 degrees. I headed out for a run at 4.30 this afternoon and it was just 13. I wore long pant and a long sleeved t-shirt which I have never done for an afternoon run before. When I got back it was already down to 10. Brrrrr.

And don't tell me to stop whingeing! I lived in the Territory for about 5 years and I think that the warmer the climate you are used to the more you feel the cold. I'm also thinking that the medication might be starting to make the thyroid levels dip too low now, which results in sensitivity to cold (as opposed to the sensitivity to heat which I had a month ago), this also results in weight gain.

As for the actual run ... I felt okay before I left (over the DOMS) but my legs got tired pretty quickly. I noticed that my hamstrings felt tight when I got back so maybe they were trying to compensate.

Better go and puree the soup I made for dinner. I also made a casserole for the boys which is in the oven. Ahhh comfort food (but no sweets!!!).

3 Comments:

At 1:18 AM, Blogger Samurai Running said...

I wasn't going to tell you to "stop whingeing" until I read your last paragraph. But as your getting such good food you should stop whingeing!

Sorry I'm just a little bitter and twisted as my wife is such a lousy cook!

 
At 6:11 AM, Blogger running uphill said...

Do I detect a hint of sarcasm there? At least your wife cooks! My husband and I share the cooking these days.

 
At 6:12 PM, Blogger Lulu said...

Getting the meds right is tricky. I think it's taken me 18 months of fiddling about and finally it feels right. Hope you can get it right quicker than that as it can be quite frustrating.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home