Saturday, October 28, 2006

Two Bridge Run

Today's long run was only 10.4 kms (as far as the second bridge - my 14 km run usually takes me across three old wooden bridges over the creek) as I wanted to get back to see my friend when she picked up her children. The killer hill seems so much easier without the extra 4 kms that I have been doing for my long run. It felt pretty good today - the legs always feel better in the afternoon (but not the stomach). The achilles was only slightly sore on the hills.

I left Pip at home, but he got a walk with the kids down the creek which is his favourite. The solo run was good and the only wildlife of note was a brush turkey- they must be nesting at the moment.

10.4kms: 72 mins (av running pace 6.7)

2 Comments:

At 10:19 AM, Blogger 2P said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog the other day. You're right, us running at the same pace won't last you are going to get much faster with that speedwork :-)

Welcome to the wonderful world of blogging.

I presume "Pip" is a dog (hope it's not one of your children otherwise I just put my foot in it big time).

Can I suggest with your 400's that you at least do a slow full lap in between - alternatively what most people do is take a 90sec up to 3 min standing recovery between reps.

At your pace if you use method 1 you should be aiming at about 2.20 to 2.30 per rep. If you use method 2 something in the vicinity of 2.05 to 2.15 should be achievable.

Dont forget to do a 2k warm up and a 2k warm down on speed days.

Hope you don't mind the unsolicited advice.

Cheers, 2P ;-)

 
At 7:09 PM, Blogger running uphill said...

Hey 2P thanks for the advice (yes Pip is a dog). I am trying to work out the easiest way to get faster (is that an oxymoron?). You're ideas are good - I think I tried to do too much too soon without long enough rests in between. As for warming up and cooling down I think I walked down the creek and then back up to the house again!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home