Saturday, January 13, 2007

Cross Training

Not even a walk yet as I've been too busy cross training. Actually cleaning windows, some of which haven't been cleaned since we moved her 4 years ago, such as G's office. In fact I was telling him yesterday that he has never cleaned a window in all the time we have been married... Did I mention that G has been out fishing this morning??

We are off to Scotts Head this afternoon and I think that I will get them to drop me at the beach for a big walk. In the meantime I have been mulling over wether I should get a cleaner.

The pros:

  • obviously a cleaner house
  • more time to do other stuff
  • feeling more organised and in control in this area (this can get pout of hand at times)
  • might force us to be a bit tidier

The cons:

  • boys might think 'the cleaner can do that' ie. get lazier!!
  • feel uncomfortable with a stranger in the house
  • costs money (but I do earn the most and do the majority of the housework, although G probably doesn't agree!)

Basically I hate housework, who doesn't? It is ok when you have the time but when your time is limited it can feel like that is all you do at home. Of course that doesn't include running - but that is my me time (I'd go crazy without it. In fact I took up running when I got a promotion at work to make sure that I would also look after myself).

A long and rambly post about anything but running. Sorry for anyone who has just read all that but if you have and if you have any thoughts regarding the cleaner then let me know!! All affirmative comments accepted.

4 Comments:

At 12:14 PM, Blogger Samurai Running said...

Go for it RU

You should get someone to help with the housework.

As far as I'm concerned "Kooking" and "Kleenin" are only cities in China.

 
At 1:11 PM, Blogger 2P said...

Lol women don't need to train at being cross about cleaning :-)

All you will end up doing is cleaning before the cleaner turns up because you won't want them to think you are a slob...

Spend the money on running stuff :-)

Did G get any fish?

 
At 2:37 PM, Blogger Ellie80 said...

I say go for it! if i didn't have such a pathetically small apartment that it wouldn't take a cleaner 30 minutes I would get one too :)

 
At 9:38 PM, Blogger Vicky said...

I used to use one RU, but just as 2P says, I found myself running round "tidying up" on the days I knew she was coming! Stupid, but true. And on top of that, I never felt she did a good enough job. You know what they say, if you want it done right....
I think someone once a month or so to do the really bad jobs like windows or oven or such is a good compromise. Oh and I still say, spend your money on running gear anyway - I can't get enough of it!

MAR.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home