Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Running Uphill Again

A nice easy 7k run to ease back in (47.07). Pip was very happy to come along and check out all his favourite spots again. Also had the best night's sleep in weeks, there's nothing like your own bed.

I managed to put on 1 kilo over the last 2 1/2 weeks (as expected) due to some serious eating and drinking. Good to be back home to get back on track in this area as I've managed to let a few kilos creep on over the last few months that I need to tackle.

Have been thinking over my goals for 2007 so here goes:

* Complete at least 1 half marathon (under 2 hours would be nice)
* Try to be more consistent with the long runs (at least once a week)
* Build up the long runs to 2 hours
* Work on pace (try to get under 6 mins/km for at least 1 run each week)
* Make a greater commitment to exercise on non-running days (at least 2 yoga sessions, walking, some weights??)

I think that should do. I have some other personal goals but I won't bother sharing them here. Someone suggetsed that I could consider changing my running route but that one will have to stay on hold for now. We live in a rural area with one road leading up or down, I choose to run up the road as there are less cars, dogs, people which means that Pip can run off the lead. The benefit to running hills is that when I do get a chance to run elasewhere it always feels easier. I also love running here as I get to run in the bush where there is lots of fantastic wildlife, beautiful scenery, etc. Basically I have a pretty busy life: I live 45 ks from work, I work full-time in a fairly demanding job, have 2 children therefore I need to make it easy to run - put on shoes, walk out door.

I also plan to keep up the blogging, it really helps to have the feedback and friendship of fellow bloggers and runners.

5 Comments:

At 10:22 AM, Blogger Ellie80 said...

great goals! i know what you mean about making things easy for yourself. If you do that then there are no excuses! Good luck!

 
At 1:35 PM, Blogger Samurai Running said...

Good to hear you intend to keep on blogging that will give us all a chance to hold your feet to the fire, so to speak, vis a vis your running resolutions.

Why not share one or two of your "personal" resolutions? If it helps I will reveal one of mine. I intend to eat less glue in 2007!

 
At 2:44 PM, Blogger 2P said...

Those are great goals RU - have you picked out a target half marathon race yet?

 
At 4:29 PM, Blogger Celeste said...

Good for you RU! Of course the advantage of running the same route all the time is that you can easily see when you are slacking off, or speeding up, whatever the case may be!!

I still think it sounds beautiful where you live - but, my, you must have excellent time management skills!!

 
At 8:54 PM, Blogger Vicky said...

Great stuff RU. I hear ya about trying to fit everything else in AND run. But then I guess thats all part of the challenge too. Besides, were woman - WE CAN DO IT!

Glad your holiday was good, hope 2007 is a great one for you.

MAR.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home