Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Quick one in the dark

Got up early to make the school lunches so that I could run this morning. Didn't actually get running till about 6.15 and it was still very dark. I had to take it slowly on the first section which was wet, boggy and slippery after last night's rain. I decided to just do 5 ks so that I could still enjoy my breakfast when I got back (rather than having to bolt it).

Thankfully the winter solstice is this week so the mornings should lighten up soon. I am trying to get back into running on Tuesdays and Thursdays so that I can do the long run any time on the weekend. But Thursday is out this week as I'm off to Newcastle for the day (yes the day - it is about a 3 1/2 hour trip) for work, it will be a long day.

BTW the boys both had a sick day. All those wasted minutes making lunches!!

3 Comments:

At 1:57 PM, Blogger Samurai Running said...

Nice blog title RU,

Wish I'd have thought of it.

 
At 8:57 PM, Blogger Kathy said...

I've just been catching up on your blog and I'm feeling inspired. A great race report on your half marathon. Thanks for sharing it.

I'm looking forward to longer days too. Hope the boys are better soon.

 
At 5:45 AM, Blogger Talicca said...

Hi, thanks for the comment on my blog :) Congratulations on your first half! Considering that my first is only a week away now, it was inspiring to read your race report, so thanks for posting it.

To answer your question, no I'm not actually celiac (thankfully!) but I am intolerant to wheat, rye, quinoa and lactose. Makes life interesting, that's for sure.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home