Thursday, July 05, 2007

Midday

Got out for a 10k run at about 11.00 this morning, how civilised is that? I decided that I would try for a tempo run, of sorts, trying to stick to 6.30 min/km. Not fast, but manageable given that the run would include a lot of uphill (which you never seem to make up for on the downhill).

It was great running at this time of day (it was about 20 degrees, but windy) as I had sufficiently warmed up and the legs felt good. I made sure that I didn't dawdle on the downhill-side of killer hill (KH) and got to the turn-around in 32.15 (pretty much on pace). The uphill-side of KH took 8.15 (okay) and I figured that I could easily make up the time to get back on target.

Made it back in 64.29. A negative split of 1 second!! Even with KH thrown in.

This was a good run. I felt strong the whole way and it was great to be able to pick a pace and stick to it.

So far this week: 34kms.

BTW I finally uploaded the photos from the half marathon onto the computer. G took one right at the start and I didn't realise that there were only 6 people behind me then. No wonder it took so long to get going! Note to self: don't be afraid to join the pack in the middle next time. I checked the numbers against times of those featured in the photos and of course they were all much slower than I was.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home