Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Seventeen

That's how many kilometres I ran yesterday. Set out at about 3.00pm planning on trying to stick to 6.45 pace. I was pretty steady on the first half, sticking to 6.30 min/kms mainly. My throat felt dry so I drank a lot of water as I went.

This was my longest run up our road and it was fun to go around new bends and up new hills. When I want to do 18ks it will involve another big hill.

Reached halfway in 56.37 which was nice. I felt good and had eaten properly unlike last week's long run. I ate a couple of lollies (unfortunately I hadn't been able to buy the Starburst Jellybeans and had to settle for another one of their soft lollies - not so good to chew when you are running, the jellybeans are perfect). I didn't really needs them but figured they were in my pocket so why not.

The second half saw a 2 1/2 minute positive split, but as the killer hill took 8.49 I can easily see where that snuck in. All up 17ks in 1.55.15.

Measured it in the car this afternoon to make sure and my guesstimate was pretty good. We also found an interesting looking firetrail that takes you down to a creek crossing which we will check out soon - only for walking I think as it is a bit too isolated for my solitary runs.

I also took Pip for a walk today (he doesn't come running anymore) and felt like his personal trainer - nagging, coaxing and generally hassling him so that he would keep coming. I did 6ks while he sat down at the 5k turnaround to wait. Then after coming for the drive this afternoon he refused to get out of the car. I think he is one very smart dog. Why walk when you can stay home or get a ride!

I plan on doing a 2k time trial in the morning. Just to see where things are at.

3 Comments:

At 11:09 AM, Blogger Lulu said...

Sounds like a lovely long run.. can't blame the dog for trying it on;)

 
At 5:43 PM, Blogger Samurai Running said...

What a lovely number. I've not got up around that number since before my last marathon.

Think it's about time to start the training again in earnest.

How cold does it get in the mornings where you are RU?

 
At 7:27 PM, Blogger Celeste said...

Wow RU! That's such a long way - that is sooooo cool!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home