Thursday, June 28, 2007

Gluten Free

The gluten-free eating is going pretty well, but I haven't noticed any amazing transformation as yet. Not bursting with energy! Hopefully my iron levels will pick up soon. I noticed that the doctor has ordered a blood test for copper levels next time and I have read that you can be copper anaemic (iron interferes with the absorption of it I think). I also googled ceruloplasm (which was mentioned on the form) and the first hit was related to schizophrenia (ah, now I know what's really wrong with me!).

On to more interesting topics ... running. The weather has been a bit wet here the last few mornings (as well as dark) so I didn't get out till this afternoon when it was just windy. I don't really like going in the wind due to falling tree limbs/branches/twigs but it was okay. Seven ks in 41:11 - not too bad. Will go again on Friday morning and a long one sometime on the weekend - hope to do 17ks this weekend and gradually build up to about 19. I plan on doing another half marathon in 3 months. Any suggestions as to long runs more than welcome. Should I get any longer?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home