Sunday, August 03, 2008

Scabbly Knees

Still plodding along. My running has been slow but consistent. Today I managed a 10.2k long? run down the creek flat. I didn't want to go too far as G is away at the moment (somewhere off the coast of NSW in a friend's catamaran) and I didn't want to be too far from home if the boys needed me. I was pleased to run this in 1.07.47 - under 7 min pace for the first time in ages! The quicker pace was helped by it being a lot flatter than my usual hilly route. I used the Ipod but am wondering how people cope with running on a treadmill. This was 17 laps of a 600m circuit with birds, wallabies, trees, kids, dog to look at and it was still a bit tedious. How do people run on a treadmill? I guess it must be like swimming laps where I used to get into the zone and it was a bit like meditation. I prefer running up the road where I have little choice but to run home again when I get tired.

In good news my thyroid levels are perfectly normal and I have been off the medication for three days. I know this is early as it takes a few days for things to get out of your system but I am feeling fine so far.

As for the title of this post? I had a spectacular fall about a week ago while out running. Was trying to do a tempo run, going downhill at the time, glanced down at my watch ever-so-briefly, caught my foot, propelled forward and had one of those moments where you think 'This is gonna hurt' and it did. I shredded the knees of my favourite long running pants, not to mention the skin on my knees and hands. My right knee was quite bruised too as I went down hard on it. It is coming good now just over a week later so I guess I can be excused for a few slow ones this week.

4 Comments:

At 1:36 PM, Blogger Jaykay said...

Ouchy!!!

Touch wood, I haven't fallen over in a very long time.

Good to hear things are looking up for you.

I get into a zone on the treadmill at the gym. They all have individual TV screens in them and even though I can't hear what's being said (listening to my mp3 instead) it is a distraction.

 
At 7:31 AM, Blogger Samurai Running said...

Hey RU

good to heard that your thyroid levels are under control, now if you can just stay on your feet ;)

Also good to hear your getting some good runs in despite the cold weather, things can only get better with the coming spring.

 
At 7:32 AM, Blogger Samurai Running said...

"good to heard" I really should stop living in the past!

 
At 4:18 PM, Blogger 2P said...

Glad to hear you're off the meds RU - top stuff

 

Post a Comment

<< Home