Thursday, May 08, 2008

Update

Just a quick update while I eat my brekky. Things have been going well running wise. 16ks last weekend at a slow but comfortable pace. This week has been quiet with only one run so far. I got up early to run this morning and my right ankle was sore. This is quite strange as it was fine yesterday, but after my run on Wednesday I had this prickly sensation right where it is sore today. It is not too bad but I decided that I would leave the run till this afternoon and see how it goes today. Walking around seems to help and it mainly hurts when I rotate it.

In other news my mum had to have a heart bypass (involving 5 arteries) last week. This was very sudden as she just went in for a test on the Monday and they did the operation on the Wednesday so it was a bit of a shock to her (and the family). Her family has a history of heart disease and she had a heart attack about 10 years ago so I guess it wasn't totally unexpected but just very sudden. So I am off to Adelaide for a week tomorrow. Not sure whether I will get a long run in but I will certainly get in a few shorter ones. No access to computer (but given my recent efforts that won't be obvious).

3 Comments:

At 11:30 AM, Blogger Jaykay said...

Hope the ankle comes good.

Enjoy Adelaide!

 
At 7:35 PM, Blogger 2P said...

My advice is don't rotate your ankle :)

Hope your Mum is OK.

Try the path alongside the Torrens - good running!

 
At 8:18 PM, Blogger Lulu said...

I hope your Mum is doing Ok and you enjoyed some running in Adelaide.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home