Sunday, February 24, 2008

Company and Conversation

Have been intending to blog all week but this have become a little hectic around here.

I'm just back from my 13k long run. That is the longest I have run this year. It was an extremely humid run, 96% humidity before I set out and about 28*, which made it seem hard. I started out slowly and knew that it would stay that way. The road was even boggier than last week as we have had even more rain but it was good to do the three bridge run again.

The title of this post is due to the company I had out in the bush this morning. A Parks and Wildlife guy was up there spraying lantana. I called out to him so that I wouldn't scare the life out of him. He commented that it was an awesome place to run and I had to agree. Then on the way back I ran past a group of 4 who were checking out the creek, one of them said 'Jeez you must be fit' and another one warned me that I had a good run ahead (he didn't realise that I had already come down that way and was well aware of the rather large mountain ahead!). It was a novelty to exchange a few words and kind of nice in a way as it can get pretty lonely out there at times, and of course a compliment is always welcome.

Killer Hill was pretty slow today - 9.10, and all up it took 1.28.31 (under 7 minutes/km so that's okay) but I wanted a negative split which I missed by 50 seconds. Still I am happy considering the mugginess.

2 Comments:

At 9:46 AM, Blogger Jaykay said...

96% humidity - OMG. How hard must it be to run in those conditions.

Do you take water with you?

 
At 5:13 PM, Blogger Lulu said...

The humidity has been very trying this summer. Sounds like a tough run, so well done on going out and doing it!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home