Sunday, January 06, 2008

New Year Goals

Decided to keep the goals few and simple in the hope that I might actually be able to achieve them. I am turning 40 this year so being fit and healthy is even more important.

  1. Cover 2008 kms - running and walking.
  2. Run at least 2 half-marathons.
  3. Complete a half-marathon in under 2 hours (luckily I saved this one for this year!)
  4. Complete a fun run with J - maybe the City to Surf.
  5. Use this blog more (I will need more running talk now that my car pool buddy and fellow runner S is moving interstate - I need that running talk as everybody else finds it really boring ... I wonder why?)

I think that will do. I have had one run with the heart rate monitor and it was mostly in the 90%s. I remember from aerobics when I was about 19 that my heart rate was always higher than everyone else's. I will have to figure out how to adjust it.

I have already started the 2008km goal but didn't get out yesterday as it rained all day. It means that I have to walk or run 5.4 ks per day on average so it should be achievable if I am consistent.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home