Tuesday, October 16, 2007

blogiversary

I missed my one year blogiversary a week or so ago but I thought I should mention it and give a thanks to the first person who commented on my blog: Scott. I started writing a blog in order to stay motivated with my running, to keep a log and to make contact with other runners. It has been a good experience and I must admit that I am amazed that I am still going with it (going on past experience of diary writing from my younger years) and I guess I am also pretty impressed that I am still running after almost two years of running consistently each week. I think that keeping the blog has been a good aid to my running and I have had some great advice from some of my readers which has helped a lot.

In running news I got out for a 7k run yesterday afternoon and it was a good one. One of those afternoons where it was warm but cool (just right?) and I was really enjoying getting back to running my old route through the bush.

This afternoon I took Pip for his walk and saw heaps of wildlife - a wallaby with a joey in the pouch, kookaburras, a big goanna and I am certain that I also saw a rufus bettong. G thinks that I imagined it after seeing them at Cania Gorge but I can't think what else it might have been and I know that we are supposed to get them here, although they are endangered. Sometimes I just love living here.

1 Comments:

At 9:51 PM, Blogger Samurai Running said...

Cool RU

I'm very happy to have had the chance to read about your goings on this last year. I'm also glad that you stuck with the running and I hope you will continue with both for a few years yet.

Anyway if you do decide to stop you can always start a blog dedicated to wildlife enthusiasts.
Now I'm going to have to google a "rufus bettong" cause I got no idea what you are talking about ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home