Friday, September 14, 2007

10 To Go

Had a great run this afternoon - 8ks in 47.24. Cut 36 seconds off my previous PB for this run (which includes one side of KH). Also did 6ks yesterday morning - nice to see the mornings getting lighter. The highlight of this run was getting to watch some wallabies having a fight, one of them went flying upside down at one stage. Luckily they weren't too close. Last Sunday's long run was just 13ks, down to the highway and back in about 80 minutes.

So, hopefully the running is on track for the half. Now I just need to organise the accommodation. After much nagging G finally rang his sister today to confirm the date, only to discover that she is having 90 people over on the Saturday night!! So, I think we might stay in a motel somewhere near the start of the race. Anyone have any suggestions for somewhere close to Milson's Point? (BTW despite living in NSW for 11 years now my knowledge of Sydney is pathetic). Actually I am kind of glad it has worked out this way because I would rather stay somewhere within walking distance if possible. That way I don't have to stress about the road closures.

3 Comments:

At 8:36 PM, Blogger Samurai Running said...

Hey RU

I used to live near Milson's Point and use the public pool down by the harbour every chance I could. I love that part of Sydney.

Sorry but I have no idea about hotels in that area now that was like 20 years ago.

Anyway all the best for the race you seem to be peaking for it.

 
At 8:37 PM, Blogger 2P said...

Looks like you are primed and ready to go RU - this is getting exciting!!!

A lot of the CoolRunning crowd stay at the Vibe Hotel in North Sydney - it is easy walking distance to the start (so no loo queues) and apparently they have late check out so you can have a shower afterwards.

 
At 12:33 PM, Blogger Lulu said...

Glad to see you're doing the half. Good luck with it. I was going to recommend the Vibe too but 2P beat me to it.

Have fun!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home