Sunday, July 29, 2007

Weekly Roundup

I hope blogger didn't just publish that. I had started to write this when it went to the published post window with just 'wee' in the title. But i guess after today's run that could be appropriate.

I finally conned G into a pick up run which meant that I could run to the nearby (12.5 ks actually) nature reserve as it's just a little too far for a turn around run.

This was a great run. A fair bit of uphill for the first 10ks then a couple of ks of mostly downhill, so i guess wee would be appropriate. What a great way to finish the run. I got to the reserve about 10 minutes before the boys so I got to stretch and have a walk about under the beautiful tree canopy. This is one of my favourite places so it was really great to be able to run there.

I did have a couple of runs during the week but have been too busy to blog. Six ks on Tuesday in 34.55 and 8 ks on Thursday in 48.10 (definitely a PB for this run - it has a fair amount of uphill). I am pretty happy that my pace for these shorter runs is starting to improve.

Am starting to make plans for the Blackmores Half but have to admit that I feel nervous about a race among crowds in the city (I have become such a country person) when i am so used to my solo bush runs.

2 Comments:

At 2:57 PM, Blogger Lulu said...

It certainly good to run on those bush tracks on your own, but there's a good buzz to running in a crowd too, so I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

 
At 2:56 PM, Blogger Celeste said...

You sound really happy with your running! It sounds like you are really comfortable in running sub 6 minute k's. That's awesome!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home