Monday, July 16, 2007

Normal Weight

When i weighed myself this morning I noticed that my weight is now back to what it was before I discovered the Graves Disease. This is okay, but I did enjoy being skinny for a while (I lost about 4 kilos). The only worry now is putting on more as my thyroid levels mean that it is now underactive (which causes weight gain).

Anyway, I set out for a seventeen kilometre long run this morning but got distracted at the turnaround and missed the 8 1/2k tree so I went on to the 9k stump (hey there is nothing but trees out there) and back for a total of 18ks (which I planned on doing next weekend anyway).

It was a nice steady run and I did it in my half marathon time plus a second: 2hr 3 min and 36 seconds. Felt good the whole way and drank the whole bottle of water.

There were three guys out on trail bikes who passed me twice. I was just contemplating how that would be a good way to check out the fire trails when I noticed that one of them had chucked a Bundaberg rum can on the side of the road. What? Idiots!

2 Comments:

At 10:51 AM, Blogger Celeste said...

Another great run! You are making this distance sound easy!!

Young men and motorbikes - of course there was alcohol. Oops am I cynical?

 
At 7:46 PM, Blogger Samurai Running said...

You shouldn't be gainning too much extra weight if you keep logging those sort of Ks RU.

Someday someone is going to invent a chip that goes on all containers, cans, packages etc that when you buy said article it logs to an account that simply charges you the price of the bought item again unless it is thrown into a rubbish bin.

Hit people where it hurts, the wallet, and they won't be so thoughtless.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home