Monday, July 23, 2007

Great Stuff

Am really pleased with yesterday's long run. i started out feeling pretty good so I deceided that I wanted to run at 6.30 pace and try to improve on last week's time of 2hr 3 min 36.

I got to the turn around (9 ks) in 59.11 which I was happy with. the 9th k is all uphill in a mountain to almost rival killer hill that I've dubbed Little Cousin. This kilometre took just over 8 minutes but the great thing is that you then get to turn around and cruise back down. Am trying to concentrate on going a little faster on the downhills as I tend to be a little too cautious.

Managed to complete the 18ks in under 2 hours (1 hr 58 mins 53) with only a slight negative split. That is a 4 1/2 minute improvement on last week's novice 18ks (training run that is).

Next week will cut back to a shorter long run - might run to the local nature reserve, which I haven't done before, and get G to pick me up.

BTW has anyone else watched the netball test? The umpiring has been soo bad. But hopefully Australia should win the last one.

2 Comments:

At 10:13 AM, Blogger Samurai Running said...

Hey RU

good to hear everything's going well.

Netball, now that takes me back. I used to like "watching netball" on Saturday afternoons with my mate frosty.

We would go to a place that had about 30 games being played at the same time and we would be about the only guys there.

Being surrounded by hundreds of girls it was the closest to heaven a young man could get!

 
At 1:09 PM, Blogger Tom@RunnersLounge said...

Just found your blog site and enjoy reading it. Seems like you get a lot from your running, and that's what many of us enjoy. It's fun watching runners progress. Good training and racing I post with another running friend, Amy, and we’ll look forward to reading more of your site and following your progress. Keep up the good running and posting! Tom

http://blog.runnerslounge.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home