Monday, September 17, 2007

Short Long

Went up the road for my 10ks this afternoon - I had forgotten how much nicer it is up there (apart from the hoons on dirt bikes, one even did a wheelie as he went past!). Ten kilometres feels so good (compared to eighteen which is what I have been doing) and flew by in 64.04 including getting up the other side of KH in under 8 minutes (just!).

Feeling nervous about next Sunday but I think it is more to do with the organisational aspects than the actual run itself (that will come later). I managed to find some accommodation after a frustrating hour on the net this morning. It seems that families do not stay in inner Sydney as every place had double, twin or single rooms. The one I booked said a queen bed and a roll away on request but in the photos there was a lounge so I figure it'll all work out. It will be really nice to stay in that part of town as I really only know a few areas in Sydney.

Goals for the race:
a) Under 2 hours
b) Under 2 hours, 3 minutes and 35 (my PB!)
c) A respectable time and just enjoy myself

No matter what time I get I know that it will be a huge thrill to run over the Harbour Bridge and to the Opera House. I will be enjoying the sites and soaking up the atmosphere.

2 Comments:

At 7:09 PM, Blogger 2P said...

You are going to have a ball RU - you've done the training now enjoy the ride.

 
At 12:07 PM, Blogger Samurai Running said...

The anticipation is great eh RU. I'm excited for you too.

The atmosphere will help to lift you to finish well just remember to go out at a pace just a little less than you're capable of holding for the entire length.

Do me a favor and write a race report as soon as you can once you get back. All th every best for the day.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home