Friday, February 15, 2008

Stump to Stump, Trunk to Trunk

Catchy title eh?

I actually did an interval run yesterday and it was okay. I didn't really decide what to do until I started running. I warmed up for the first kilometre and a half, then decided I would pick a pair of tree stumps (the bush here was logged extensively several years ago) or a pair of tree trunks that stood out or even a termite mound or two and run hard between them then rest until I was ready to go again and repeat.

I still ran the same ol' 7k route, but it felt a lot harder. I managed to get my heart rate up to 185 briefly (at least I know I was working hard on that one). Overall I was only 15 seconds faster than Monday afternoon but it felt like it was a lot harder. It was also extremely humid - by the time I got back my eyes were bright red from perspiration running into them.

I learnt a few lessons:

  • It's not that bad (really it's not)
  • slow down in mud puddles because they can be slippery
  • Cheap tissue tucked into your bra on a humid day's run soon turn into pulp
  • Bugs in the eye hurt more when you are running faster.

1 Comments:

At 2:41 PM, Blogger Samurai Running said...

I don't know why your stuffing your bra with tissues on a bush run? Who you trying to impress? ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home