Friday, January 25, 2008

Home Again

Back from our quick visit to Adelaide (made even quicker by a cancelled flight due to low cloud/rain in Coffs which meant arriving a day later than expected). I had a nice time and managed two runs while there. It was nice to run in a dry climate but it was very windy on one of them. Caught up with lots of family except two niece - J very disappointed to only catch up with 16 out of 18 cousins these holidays.

Yesterday I finally had my appointment with the gastroenterologist (5 months later) and will have to have a gastroscoscopy sometime in the next 3 months to get a definitive diagnosis of the coeliac. The great part about this is that I get to eat gluten for a week or two before the procedure. I am already planning the pizza, beer, bread, real muesli, Lindor balls, etc (see how deprived I am). It will be interesting (and hopefully not too unpleasant) to see if the gluten has much effect.

I also managed a run yesterday before heading off to the appointment. 7 ks up the road in 42.43 - av. HR: 168. After the appointment I managed a marathon of sorts - buying D's books for high school. I learnt a valuable lesson - go to the newsagency. They are so much better organised than Big W (and similar prices) and also check out second hand book stores. I accidentally stumbled across the atlas needed for $6.00.

Weekly Round Up (for last week)

Run: 13KM ???
Walk: 16KM
Week Total: 29
Year Total: 98.6

Scott - you will need to look closer ... as in behind the tree (in the brown murky water:)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home