Friday, March 07, 2008

Tick, tick, tick

Time sure flies doesn't it? Have been meaning to blog but things seem to have been hectic around here lately. I have been finding time to run, of course. Had another good 13k run last weekend - faster than the last one and much less humid.

Yesterday was a speed session so I decided to do a 5k time trial. I felt heavy and not really comfortable fr the whole run, in short it just felt hard. But, I managed it in 29.09 which is a good time (for me) and included about 600m of walking (total) for warming up and cooling down. I even managed a 4.57km!!

We are off to Glenn Innes for the weekend for my birthday. We will be doing lots of fossicking for gems, but I don't think I will be getting in a long run somehow. Will need to update my profile when I get back as its a big one. Had a b'day morning tea at work and many colleagues couldn't believe I was that old!

2 Comments:

At 9:50 PM, Blogger Samurai Running said...

Happy b'day RU. Enjoy the weekend.

Are you sure that "tick tick" isn't your biological clock?

It gets louder the older one gets, mine does anyway.

 
At 6:59 PM, Blogger Lulu said...

Happy Birthday! Hope you had a good one and that's a nice time for your 5km time trial too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home