Sunday, March 23, 2008

Life Begins

at forty doesn't it?

Not sure about that but my life has been pretty crazily busy since then. I've had the last two weekends away (including going to Sydney on my own to see Billy Elliot with my sister) and have had something on every afternoon, after work, this week. Ah, it is bliss to stay home over Easter and today I am going nowhere.

Unfortunately my running has suffered this week with the hectic schedule. It is too dark to run in the mornings at the moment. I managed to get out for a decent 6ks on Monday afternoon. This was a good run as it included a 4.51 (I think that's a 1k PB) and my legs felt really strong. Yesterday was in complete contrast; the legs felt heavy, my feet felt sore and my achilles was whining. Plus it was quite humid. But I did it! Only 7ks. I was tempted to run up the aptly named trail but ran out of time waiting for a thunderstorm to disappear, plus we has 2 extras for a sleepover so I thought I'd better not go for too long.

The plan is to do a long run on Monday, probably 13ks again. Then try to get back into some consistent running this week which should be a lot easier.

1 Comments:

At 8:12 PM, Blogger Samurai Running said...

Hope life doesn't get in the way of your running plans RU.

Nice 1k PB by the way.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home