Monday, March 31, 2008

Consistent

A much better week this week, running-wise that is. Helped by a holiday on Monday which saw a 6k run (not the planned long run as we decided to also go for a bush walk/poke around up in the bush). Then Wednesday should have been speed work but my left calf was quite sore so I decided on an easy 8k run (not that easy with one half of killer hill to contend with).

Yesterday I finally did a long run, clocking up 14ks, which is my longest run this year. It felt good to get up in the bush again and there was no traffic at all so it was very peaceful. The time was slow - 1.37.19, with a big positive split (the first half took 47.05) but the second half includes killer hill and yesterday it felt at times as though I was running on the spot. That kilometre took nearly 10 minutes (possibly a PW) but who cares? I did it and I enjoyed it. My average heart rate for the run was 157 which shows that I took it easy (it's usually up in the 160s on my shorter runs). Apart from some chaffing I feel fine today with only a slight ache in the left calf when I walked Pip.

THis week
Run: 27km
Walk: 15.5
Total: 40.5
Year Total: 450.6*

* Am under my target at the moment, if I want to run and walk 2008 in 2008, but this should pick up as I start to run longer over the next few months.

4 Comments:

At 7:30 PM, Blogger Samurai Running said...

Yes RU you're going to have to run longer in the coming weeks and months simply to stay warm.

All the best with your 2008 goals.

 
At 6:42 PM, Blogger 2P said...

Nice work on the 14k bush run RU - nice work.

 
At 7:15 PM, Blogger Lulu said...

Great to see you back up to some good long runs. Hope the calf behaves itself!

 
At 5:55 PM, Blogger Samurai Running said...

Give us an update RU ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home