Monday, November 17, 2008

Catching Up

After my busy week things have settled down slightly, although I am off to Sydney on Thursday for work, so this week's training will be disrupted again.

On Sunday of last weekend I did my longest run in a while. Fifteen kms or 25 laps of the creek flat! This was a mixed run. The first 6ks took 35.00 mins (quite quick for me), then I slowed down a little and started to get a bit of pain in my left knee which was quite sore by the last 3 laps (but I kept going as I really wanted to get to 15kms). All up this run took 1.31.47 which is a much better time than my last few 14k runs up the road (usually about 5 mins slower), but of course it is much flatter down there.

The knee has been playing up a bit since, strangely this seems to happen mostly when not running. So I have been taking it pretty easy with the running for the last week or so. The long run for this weekend was only 8kms and very easy.

The knee is feeling better today so I think I can probably get back into it this week (around work commitments which means at least one night away).

Thanks for the feedback regarding training and a program - I printed off the FIRST plan which looks ok, but I also like Scott's idea of planning around getting the long runs done (I guess they are the important ones). Still, that can all wait for the new year, when things will hopefully be less hectic.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home