Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Beach Running

Despite the high tide I decided to run on the beach this morning as we stayed with the in laws last night. It was a beautiful morning and the sand was reasonably firm for the first k or so. It did get quite a bit softer the further I went so I turned around at the 3k marker. All up 6ks in 42mins. The time was ok considering the surface!

It was nice to see a few other runners (probably tourists as there are rarely any runners about) but none of them were too friendly, or maybe they were just struggling with the soft sand :-) I managed about 2 ks of walking also and a nice swim with the boys while G was fishing.

BTW not much success with the fishing, to G's disappointment.

1 Comments:

At 3:44 PM, Blogger 2P said...

Nice pace for running on sand - sadly with my square feet I just sink in the stuff.

Good work out for the calves.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home