Saturday, January 20, 2007

My Dog is Crazy


It was just a walking day today and as G was out fishing (again I hear you cry!) I didn't head out until about midday. It wasn't too hot as there was a bit of cloud cover. I let pippi out of his yard, he ran around to the front and hid under the car.

If I hadn't have put the lead on him he would have stayed there till I was gone. As it was, once he had the lead on he came out quite readily. I know that I have blogged about my running partner's reluctance before but this really takes the cake. This dog is a border collie, that means that he is supposed to love running and could run up to 80ks a day if he wanted to (according to the poster in the vets). However he is also a complete individual and knows what he wants. He is also very smart.

The funny thing is that he never wanted to walk with me when he was a pup. It's very annoying but I think he sees G as his master and he doesn't like to be away from home unless he comes too.

Anyway I am planning a long run in the morning and I think I will go on my own. BTW the last k of the walk today took 8.22. On my last run I ran the first k (over the same ground) in 8.13. Hmmm I must be a fast walker or...

2 Comments:

At 1:52 PM, Blogger Samurai Running said...

So this is the "Pip" I've heard so much about. Thanks for posting the photo, looks like a cool dog.

By the way I liked your book review.I used to read for pleasure when I wasn't so busy, but I plan to read more this year. I'm happy to hear any other recommendations.

 
At 8:27 PM, Blogger Vicky said...

Just catching up - that is such a gorgeous photo of Pip!

MAR.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home