Friday, January 19, 2007

Nice and Cool

Good running conditions this morning, only 16 degrees at 6.30. It took a while to get pippi organised as he tried running home after visiting the neighbours. I went back and got him which meant that he then had to run on the lead for the first km. This is a slow and painful way to start a run and the time (8.13) shows it.

I managed to speed up slightly and completed 8 ks in 53.58. Minus the walking at start and finish this means that the average pace was 6.25ish. I completed one km in 5.30 (all downhill) which is nice.

Have a big social day today with a children's birthday party and then an afternoon hanging out at a friend's dam (which is about 6 acres of nice clear but cool water) with a group of friends and children. No doubt there will be plenty of eating and drinking so I am glad I have done my run. That couple of kilos doesn't seem to have dropped off yet so I might have to try and get a bit more serious about it (just not today :-))

1 Comments:

At 9:43 AM, Blogger Ellie80 said...

ooo - kids birthday party! i could go some fairy bread right about now!

enjoy your day and let the diet start tomorrow :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home