Monday, January 29, 2007

Four Bridges

Boys were back at cricket yesterday so that meant the long run was Sunday this time. Luckily G wasn't fishing as he already went on Friday morning (and Wednesday but who's counting? Not me. We have had yummy fish twice in the last 2 days)

My longest run ever :-)! Did 15ks (approximately - will need to measure with car at a later date) which took me up to the fourth bridge. I didn't realise that this bridge was so close to where I usually turn around. It always feels good to make it to another bridge, I guess because there are so few man made landmarks on this run.

Plenty of birds around this morning. Startled a brush turkey that was up in a tree. These birds are so noisy when they try to fly. But otherwise a peaceful run with no traffic.

The pace was pretty even (definitely not fast) - 107.40, but I'm not too worried about that at this point. I just want to build up the kilometres and the time on my feet and to get into a regular pattern of long runs which will be hard as I go back to work tomorrow (do I have to??)

I felt a few niggles as I went: right achilles, both knees, left hip, but nothing that made me want to stop. I gave the fuel belt another go and must have got the position right as I was able to forget it was there, apart from the sloshing noise! Ellie's comment about the muffin top helped with the positioning!

In other news G managed to get a rather large fish hook through his finger the other afternoon while rigging up his lines. A 2 1/2 hour trip to casualty and 3 stitches later... the incident must have brought him luck as they caught about 12 fish on Friday. It certainly hasn't detered him.

The work, home, family, running, etc juggle starts again tomorrow. Oh well, I have to say that I have had a great holiday and have hardly given a thought to work (something I really needed to do for a while). Back to some early morning runs again!

3 Comments:

At 5:48 PM, Blogger 2P said...

Yeeehaa that is fantastic RU - great work and definitely NOT a bridge too far :-)

 
At 9:04 PM, Blogger Samurai Running said...

I've never run in the bush but I'm constantly being startled by turkeys.

 
At 9:23 PM, Blogger Celeste said...

Great run RU! You'll always go to the 4th bridge now!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home