Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Lost in Space

Stuck for a title so I thought I'd use the name of the most recent film I've seen. Boy was it a shocker, however the boys seemed to like it.

Tried out the new fuel belt this morning on a 7 k run. It felt (and sounded) a bit weird at first. I was able to forget about it for most of the run although it was pressing into my back slightly especially on steep downhill sections. Maybe I need to wear it lower on my hips although it seemed to bounce around more then. I was able to drink quite easily and getting it in and out of the pouch was easy. I didn't really need it this morning so I only drank about a third of it, but it will definitely be good for the long runs.

On my last long run I thought I would try taking some lollies for a sugar hit. I ate one and it was like trying to swallow rubber- each little piece took ages to go down. I really needed the water then just to wash it down.

Today's run: 46.17. Some good sections but my splits are all over the place (definitely faster on the flat or downhill sections) maybe I should try to work on more consistency in pace. As long as they are at a good pace, not 7 or 8 minutes!

BTW the achilles is still a problem and the other one seems to be playing up too. I think it's due to tight calves so I am going to try stretching them before the runs as well as afterwards.

4 Comments:

At 9:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dropped in to say hi. I found the same thing with lollies on a run. The best thing I have found is Glucodin tablets, they are easy to chew and not too sweet.

 
At 9:59 AM, Blogger Ellie80 said...

yep the fuel belts take some getting used to. i wear mine really really low around my hips (anchored by the muffin top :)

others wear them higher - right around the waist. you'll work it out!

 
At 5:05 PM, Blogger 2P said...

Nice run - and very nice shopping :-)

I generally prefer to wear mine up higher so the bottle sits snug in the small of my back - but sometimes wear it lower and pretend Im a gunslinger :-)))

 
At 3:12 PM, Blogger Samurai Running said...

Yes RUH

my achillies problems are due to tight calves too.

Massage them or have them massaged regularly, what else are kids for?, and also touch your toes as much as you can from a standing position throughout the day.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home