Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Running Gear

Just a walk this morning. I was glad that I was only walking as it was extremely hot and very still.

We then went up to Coffs for some back to school shopping with the boys. I actually found the shops quite boring, which is unlike me and the only item that I purchased for myself was a fuel belt (hey, what does that say about me these days?). I bought a one bottle one as it seemed more comfortable than the multi-bottle ones and it holds more anyway. It is very snug fitting but I guess that means less bouncing around. I plan to try it out in the morning, not that I will really need it, but I am keen to see how it goes.

The guy at the bike shop was really nice. I sometimes feel intimated by the the athletic types in these shops. I wonder if they look at me and think 'What do you need that for?' but I was pleasantly suprised. Maybe because it was a bike shop and not a running shop!

Eating has been good thus far. Even survived a visit to the food court - had a foccaccia. BTW I actually weighed a kilo less than yesterday. I know I said I would only weigh once a week but I had a feeling that yesterday's figure was out.

2 Comments:

At 9:26 PM, Blogger Samurai Running said...

Hey RU

Thanks for the message. It's interesting what you said about "sometimes feeling intimated by the the athletic types in these shops"

I had a funny experience while running my 10K yesterday I came around a corner and a little boy , about 5 years old, shouts to his father in Japanese the equivalent of "Daddy here comes an old foreigner!"

Well I don't have to worry that I would intimidate you then ;)

 
At 8:42 AM, Blogger running uphill said...

Don't you just love kids. We live in the country and I remember going to Sydney and one of the kids asking (very loudly) why there were so many Asians.

Still, with your times, you are very much the athletic type in my imagination:-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home