Sunday, January 21, 2007

That's better

Today: 14ks
This week: 28 ks
This month:

Left the crazy dog at home today and had a good long run as a result (14 ks/99 mins). It was pleasantly cool at 7.00 am (16 degrees) and stayed that way for most of the run. It was really peaceful today, just a few wallabies and birds out.

At least 2 of the ks were run at 8 min pace which means that my pace was about 7mins/km for most of the run. I would like to improve this next time but won't push myself too hard. I was also thinking that I am probably ready to increase the mileage slightly next week, maybe up to 15 ks.

I am quite satisfied with today's run but I know that I need to consider some speed work again this week as I have kind of given up on it over the last little while.

The half marathon that I intend on running is not until June so I'm not really training for that yet, just trying to make some improvements.

I am also going to commit to some dietary improvements this week. G is having a bit of an overhaul so the timing is good. As long as I can get through social engagements without the mindless eating that I seem to do. That is where I always fall down. My day to day eating is pretty good but I tend to eat if food is put in front of me. Does anyone have any good strategies for overcoming this particular pitfall?

1 Comments:

At 9:23 PM, Blogger Mat said...

That sound like a nice run. Great conditions and great scenery.

Running 15k's is always a good effort. Your doing well :-).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home