Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Just a quickie

Set the alarm for 5.30 this morning and dragged myself out of bed. It then took me a full 20 minutes to: go to the toilet, dress, put on voltaren, feed cat, put on shoes. Might have to start using the stopwatch for preparing to run.

As a result of the fart-arsing around I then only had half an hour to run, but I figured it was better than nothing. The problem with a short run is that it always takes me a while to warm up (especially the achilles) in the mornings. The first k was 8.13 but it got better and all up I did 5 ks in 32.58 (with a huge negative split) even managed a 5.20 k in there somewhere.

It was actually really nice to turn around and feel strong in the legs. Tried out the new singlet which was a bit of a change. The ones I usually wear have a shelf bra as I like the extra bounce reduction ( I wear them with a sports bra). However I found that it was fine, so maybe I have been fooling myself that that combination is more effective. Anyway, the fabric on the new singlet was nice and cool and didn't hold any moisture which was great.

Sorry for the ramble (this is really just a note to self for future reference).

3 Comments:

At 8:45 PM, Blogger 2P said...

I'll keep it in mind if I put on weight again :-)

Wow a 5.20 that's hootin - well done RU.

PS it takes me an hour to get out the door usually....

 
At 11:07 PM, Blogger Mat said...

Sounds like you need to practice some triathlon style bed to road transitions.

I know what you mean about the warming up stuff. Some people just seem to shot straight off fast right from the start. It's nice to ease into these things :-).

Nice work on quick stuff.

 
At 2:34 PM, Blogger Celeste said...

Ha! Ha! Your slowest k is about the same past as my quickest!! :)

Takes me 25minutes to get out the door usually. That includes two toilet trips.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home