Saturday, March 31, 2007

Medium Long

Only had 90 minutes to run today as we were out for most of the day at a soccer round robin for J. I wanted to do the 16 ks again but it would have been too dark so I had to settle for 13. It was nice to have a cool afternoon for running - it was 18 degrees when I got back.

I ran straight up the road this time and managed a PB of 9.19 for the hill (it climbs about 300m over the km according to mapmyrun.com) and actually managed a very slight negative split. I have to say that I actually felt really good and strong today and did the last 4 ks at just over 6 min pace.

The only gripe today is an unusual one for me and that is crazy drivers. Two cars of P platers zoomed past me when I was nearly home (and didn't even return my wave). G said that they were doing fishtails past the house. We have a lot of wildlife on this road and it is very narrow with steep drop offs in parts, in other words it is not a good place to drive flat out.

1 Comments:

At 11:37 AM, Blogger Mat said...

Good work on the long run. That hill sounds very big!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home