Sunday, March 25, 2007

Mini Long

Managed a 10k run on the beach this morning after dropping D off for an excursion.

The first 5 ks were pretty good, just over 6 min pace. The wind was behind me but the problem was that it was blowing my hair (of which I have a lot and had forgotten a hair tie) over my sweaty face. This was very annoying and I finally managed to fashion a hair tie from one of G's hankies which I had in my pocket. This would have been a very nice look, lucky there were only about 5 people on the beach and none up this far.

The return 5ks were hard as the wind was now against me and the tide was coming in so I was having to run on softer sand. The pace was just under 7ks/min.

I saw a couple of sandpipers up the beach. They make the cutest sound when they fly.

3 Comments:

At 3:36 PM, Blogger Samurai Running said...

bclkHey RU

good job! You're a regular "MacGyver"!

I reckon if you didn't have that hankie you would have fashioned something out of seaweed.

 
At 5:05 PM, Blogger running uphill said...

I was actually eyeing off the long stringy bits but thought they looked too short. I was desperate! If you saw my hair you would understand.

 
At 7:15 PM, Blogger Vicky said...

LOL at Scotts comment (and your reply!) We are woman after all - we improvise! I'm just growing my hair out after wearing it very short for quite a while. I was thinking the other day I might have to make a little ponytail for running soon! But then I always wear a cap (yep, even in the dark!) when I run so its not like its getting in my face - just hot on my neck!

Beach running sure is harder but very good for you. Well done. Hate it when you turn and that headwind smacks you in the face!

MAR.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home