Friday, March 23, 2007

Phew

It's been a busy week - topped off by a stressful day at work (ate lunch at 3.15). G is on his way to Brissy to pick up the new car and we have spent the week with one car which is very difficult! Thank goodness for the school bus.

I managed to get in a run yesterday which gave the knees, etc a good rest after Sunday. I ran around the local village which was okay, flatter than usual, and probably gave the locals something to talk about (not too many runners in these parts). I only got hooted at once and that was by my yoga teacher. It was extremely humid and I worked up a good sweat which was great as I then had to do the shopping and go out for dinner (only pizza with the family thankfully). G did make a rude comment before I had a chance to change my shirt.

I'm not sure how far but I ran for about 50 minutes. I noticed today that my quads are a tiny bit sore which is what usually happens when I run on a harder surface. The other niggles were fine, apart from the usual achilles carrry-on, which was a relief. I have some major chaffing after Sunday's run in the rain. I bought some Vaseline until I get a chance to get something better.

Just a walk with Pip this morning before work and off to a full day of soccer tomorrow. Hopefully a long run on Sunday. I have a run to a favourite local park planned - about 13ks or so.

1 Comments:

At 9:58 PM, Blogger 2P said...

Only one hoot?

Nice work getting a run in during a busy time.

To answer your question on what is a "technical trail"? It is just a wanky term that wannabe trail runners like me use to describe a single file trails with irregular footing.

BTW I tried SportsShield at 6ft and it is a superior product to anything I've ever tried - google it ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home