Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Stick Girl Runs Again

Decided to run yesterday afternoon as G was on cooking duties. It was very humid but I was making pretty good time until another encounter with one of my four legged furry friends. This one was very curious and stood looking at me for about 30 seconds before he decided to run off. In the meantime I had armed myself with a 2 metre stick (lucky there are so many trees around here) and was yelling and waving the stick about - trying to be the aggressor not the victim!

As per usual I then continued my run carrying a 2 metre spear in a manner somewhat like a hunter (would have looked like an idiot if anyone was there to see me).

I am not really scared of these dingoes, but I don't like the thought that something is out there watching me. They are always very quiet and seem to sneak around the bush. It is annoying the way that my next few runs are always done whilst scanning the bush all around to make sure there aren't anymore. I have to say that the biggest drawback to living/running here is the isolation. Sometimes my imagination tends to run riot while I am out there. But I guess that it's better than battling with traffic, car fumes, pedestrians and so on.

4 Comments:

At 9:43 PM, Blogger Samurai Running said...

"But I guess that it's better than battling with traffic, car fumes, pedestrians and so on."

You got that right RU! I envy you at times.

I, also "don't like the thought that something is out there watching me." and being a foreigner running here in Japan there is often something or someone "out there watching me."

And in case anyone was thinking, no I'm not simlpy paranoid because I took too many drugs in my youth.

 
At 11:24 PM, Blogger 2P said...

Happy to swap anytime ;-)

Nice work RU - I'd like to see a photo of pole vault girl :-)

 
At 10:24 AM, Blogger Celeste said...

The little dingo family will get to know you after a while. They are probably just curious. I'd only start to get worried if they look to be aggressive - otherwise they are probably just looking at you, trying to work out why on earth you would be carrying a stick!!!

 
At 9:36 AM, Blogger Mat said...

I've said it before, your surrounding sound like a wonderful place to live and exercise. Even with the occasional blood thirsty dingo.

Maybe one of those little palm sized spray can style personal alarm things (little air horn thingo) might scare them away. Then you may be able to run with it in a pocket and whip it out just when required. Then again, stick are probably cheaper :-).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home