Thursday, March 08, 2007

Mid-week Run

Finally got a run in. It was raining and very dark Tuesday morning when I wanted to go so I thought I'd give up the morning runs until daylight saving ends. Therefore I ran this afternoon.

It was very muggy and I felt like I was struggling but as per usual the pace was better than the mornings. I managed 7 ks in 44.15 and two of the kilometres were well under 6 min/k (5.40 and 5.26) admittedly one was very flat and the other was mostly downhill. The half marathon that I will be doing in June is a very flat course and I would like to do it in under 2 hours. I think this is a realistic goal. Just wish that I could do more training on a flat course!!

Pip has been to the vet this week to have the tumour removed and has a 15 cm wound where they took it out. He needs to be kept quiet but is busting to get out of his yard. It doesn't seem to have upset him too much, but I guess we'll see on the return trip to have the stitches removed.

6 Comments:

At 10:30 PM, Blogger R2B said...

Don't worry about the flat course stuff you will be a lot stronger when it comes to run on the flat,trust me and everyone else who knows what they are talking about!

R2B

 
At 12:39 AM, Blogger Samurai Running said...

That includes me too, right R2B?

Yes RU I would be training on mountains, hills or at least inclines cause the harder you do it in training the easier the race will be.

You should be proud of what you've done so far RU your gonna break 2 hours for sure, I reckon.

 
At 11:29 AM, Blogger Celeste said...

I loved daylight savings when it first started, but now it's not dawn until well after 7am, and that is just too late to be running and fit in a day's work. 6am is a good time but now it's dark! There's just no pleasing me...

 
At 4:34 PM, Blogger 2P said...

Poor Pip - but better out than in as they say.

Yep what R2B said.

 
At 12:52 PM, Blogger Ruune said...

Commiserations for Pip, our dog had a tumour removed in November - very hard to explain to a dog that they have just had major surgery.

 
At 12:32 PM, Blogger Mat said...

Again, another good run. Well done.
Hope Pip recovers quickly :-).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home