Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Up Tempo

As it was pouring with rain at 5.30 this morning I had to squeeze in a quick run this afternoon (after finishing work late and before G had to leave for a meeting). It was extremely humid (85%) and felt like I was moving slowly but I managed 5ks in 30.47 (which included 600m of walking to warm up/cool down). This is much better than my last time for this run and I managed to complete the whole run at an even pace, including the hills.

I have always felt that I run faster in the afternoon without really trying. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that I usually wake up and hobble around with stiff feet/achilles/calves for the first half an hour or so in the morning. Although my achilles felt a little sore this afternoon but I forgot about it after the first k or so.

Have done the achilles exercises which Scott got me onto and they seem to target the right area so I hope I will see some improvement in this area soon.

2 Comments:

At 12:10 AM, Blogger Samurai Running said...

Terrific RU

They do seem to be hitting the spot, don't they? Let me know how they go, I'll do the same.

 
At 10:35 AM, Blogger Mat said...

Nice run :-). Keeping an even pace always make things feel good.

Starting out easier in the arvo might be cause you start out warmer???
Just shows how important the slow start & warm up is in the morning I guess.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home