Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Running on Empty

Had a terrible night's sleep due to a couple of glasses of wine at bookclub last night (not too many, but alcohol keeps me awake). When the alarm went at 5.30 I was tempted to go back to sleep but i figured that I needed nore than an extra half an hour. I forgot to turn off the snooze so G got a nice early start too (very considerate of me?)

Bed to road transition was slow so I opted for 5ks. The time was 32.59 with the middle 3 ks all at under 6 min pace (the first and last involved warm up and cool down walks). I would like to get this down to 32.00 so that will be my goal for the 5k run. Ideally I would like to run further but that is all I have time for at that hour of the day!

BTW no dingoes this morn. Good.

4 Comments:

At 9:51 PM, Blogger Samurai Running said...

Good news on the Dingos. And wine at the book club, you are wild RU!

 
At 10:26 AM, Blogger Mat said...

Good on you for still getting out there, wine induced sleep deprivation and all.

You'll have to publish these BTR transition times so as to shame you into improving on that score :-).

 
At 3:28 PM, Blogger Samurai Running said...

Hey RU

Here is a link to a page I just found that shows you how to fix your achilles problem. I've found it's working for me already. A really intelligent article.


http://www.sportsinjurybulletin.com/archive/achilles-heel-injury.html

 
At 4:11 PM, Blogger 2P said...

Maybe a dingo sighting would helo with the sub 32 :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home