Friday, February 09, 2007

Running in the Dark

Well almost. Was up early today (5.15) but it was too dark to run so I made the lunches and then headed out at 5.45. I was going to do a speed session down on the newly slashed creek flat but it was too dark for that terrain (was worried I'd twist my ankle) so I opted for the road instead.

I had a little more time so I managed to do 7ks today. The time was 45.34 which is standard for this run. I am trying to do the middle few ks a bit quicker at the moment (one was 5.10) so that is good.

Not sure when I'll do the long run. The boys have cricket at the same place on Saturday so we might all go and I will do my long run then (in a nice coastal setting). or i could stay home and do it, but I feel slighlt yuneasy about the dingo thing without G at home to miss me if I get mauled!! Okay I'm sure that is near impossible but it could still be a bad idea to go too far without anyone home.

Better go storm is brewing. Hope it rains.

4 Comments:

At 7:43 PM, Blogger Mat said...

Getting darker...yay, its exciting. I like it when its pitch black at the start of a run. I do understand your problem about terrain though.

Nice work run and speedy k's :-)

 
At 10:04 PM, Blogger 2P said...

Maybe you should carry one of those personal alarm thingees - the siren sound should scare away the dingo.

Woooohooo I like the sound of that 5.10 - well done.

 
At 11:24 PM, Blogger Samurai Running said...

Yes 5:10 is great. You are no slouch.

 
At 12:15 PM, Blogger Celeste said...

Isn't it amazing how it is dark now. Where does the year go? I'm starting to get a little chilly in the mornings so I have been going later - it's lucky I am flexible enough to allow that. When it starts to get cold no matter what time of day it is, I'm not sure what I'll do!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home