Sunday, February 11, 2007

Just Coasting

Did my long run up the coast a little way today. The boys were playing cricket at the same ground so I got G to drop me off along the way and had my run. G thought I was being a bit gung ho but I reminded him that he is going fishing in the morning and I have to get my long run in somehow.

As it was only about 5ks to the field I took a road that headed off toward the beach with nice coastal views which probably added another 7 ks. All up I ran for 80.21 and I'm guessing that it was probably about 12 ks. I hope this still counts as a long run now that I have been doing 15 ks.
I made the dumb mistake of not taking the fuel belt (was worried about looking like I took myself too seriously) and it was really hot and thirsty weather. I might have run for longer if I had it but it was about 9.30 when I finished and it is quite warm at that hour. The moral of the story: who cares what others think :-)

It was a nice run despite being a tad warm. I saw kangaroos, nice billabongs with heaps of water lilies, the ocean and even some swans. I also waved at a guy wearing stubbies, knee high rubber boots and a hat (no shirt) - he waved back.

J's team won and he got 18 runs (including his first four)and took a wicket. D's team came close (unfortunately he got a duck, but had a few good hits and bowled quite well). We had a nice picnic lunch at the beach with the other families and have so far avoided doing any housework today!

4 Comments:

At 10:01 PM, Blogger 2P said...

Glad you got the moral right :-)

You can call today your medium/long.

 
At 5:46 PM, Blogger Sekhmet said...

I learnt a long time ago not to care what p-eople think - better to not die of dehydration!

I call my 13 ish k runs "mini long"

 
At 10:00 PM, Blogger Mat said...

Nice work on the long run. The scenery around your area just sounds so nice :-)

 
At 10:41 AM, Blogger Vicky said...

I agree with Sekhmet, but know how you feel. I hesitated to take my Fuelbelt along on my first few runs with this new group, for the same reasons. But in the end sensibility won out and of course no one has battered an eyelid, even tho none of them use one. They really are good, esp for a hot or long run.

MAR.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home