Saturday, March 03, 2007

Two Ways

There are two ways to look at today's long run:
1. I ran 16ks (most ever!!) albeit at at pretty slow pace (av. 7.20/k). Although if you don't include kilometres 1, 6 and 16 the pace was just over 7 mins/k.
2. I ran for almost 2 hours!!

Either way it was a pretty comfortable run. A little warm still even though I waited till 5 pm and quite humid as a lot of cloud was blowing in. I had a bad stitch most of the way, probably due to drinking juice whilst eating yoghurt at lunchtime (D warned me that I'd feel sick later - smarty pants!).

I decided to go up to the 5k then turn around and attack the 'lovely shady hill' while I still had some puff, then back to the 2 k, back to the 4k, etc (too complicated to describe) for a total of 16ks. This meant that I wasn't running too far from home either just in case I felt yuck like last week and decided to cut it short. I still had plenty of hills to contend with although it was hard to turn back the other way a couple of times.

Boys had their last cricket matches today so I might be able to do my long runs in the morning on Saturdays between now and soccer starting.

5 Comments:

At 8:53 PM, Blogger Celeste said...

Wow well done!! 2 hours! I still dance a jig (well, mentally) when I manage 1 hour, so I can only imagine what a milestone that must be. Damn fine pace, too, if you ask me. 7 minute k's are pretty swift and I've yet to run two in a row.

There's no stopping you now! It'll be 20k's before breakfast soon.

 
At 1:47 PM, Blogger Faithful Soles said...

Great job on the 2 hours of running. It's hard to tell non-runners that you ran for that long and have them really understand it, so glad you are sharing it here. If you get a chance, please visit my running web site, Faithful Soles. I have a categorized and searchable Running Blog Database on there and would appreciate it if you would link your blog to it.

 
At 11:00 AM, Blogger Mat said...

Congratulations! That's a great achievement. You are so going to ace a half mara later this year :-).

 
At 4:41 PM, Blogger 2P said...

Wooohooo 2 magical milestones 16k and 2 hours that is fantastic RU - well done.

 
At 7:26 PM, Blogger Vicky said...

Either way you look at it RU, its a great achievement! Well done!

MAR.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home