Saturday, April 14, 2007

Slow Week

Yes, I'm still here!

It has been a busy but relaxing week. I had visitors from interstate for Easter and then went camping up on the Styx River (don't worry the name is misleading) for a couple of nights.

As for running ... I wasn't feeling too flash earlier in the week. I had a cold, thumping headaches and the racing heart. As I had one of my best friends visiting I went for a run with her husband but couldn't even make it up the first hill without walking (how embarrassing - I tried to explain that this was not normal for me) and had to send him on ahead while I only managed 5 ks. That was it until today but I made up for it with lots of walking. I worked out that I walked about 30ks over the week (not including toilet visits while camping - the drop toilet was about 500m away from our tent).

My legs were twitching for a run and I finally felt well enough (after I got over the waking up headache) for a run. I set out from the campsite up the track leading in. I avoided the steep hill by walking the first part but managed some gentler uphill and a nice long stretch back down again. It felt good to run again after a 5 day break:)

Scott - thanks for your concerns. I have been a bit wary of pushing it this week. My heart rate is still up but I will get to the doctor this coming week to get it checked out. As long as she doesn't tell me not to run:)

BTW the camping was great. Got lots of reading, eating and walking done. The kids had loads of fun as we invited some friends, who have children the same age, this time. It is such a beautiful spot and I loved not having to do anything. It was still nice to have a hot shower when I got home though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home