Friday, April 20, 2007

Diagnosis

The doctor rang at 7.30 last night (still working!) to give me the results of the blood test. It seems that I appear to have an overactive thyroid and therefore need to see her again next week. Hopefully they can add tests on to the blood I have already given otherwise I will have to give more, I don't really like blood tests. Plus she needs to see me about some other things (she did not elaborate) and I also have anemia.

Of course I immediately got onto Google to discover that I do have several of the symptoms including the racing heart, breathlessness when exercising, tiredness and weight loss despite overeating Easter eggs. Another symptom is irritability and I warned G that now I have an excuse:)

It is annoying that I now have to wait until next week to talk to her and find out more. Not sure whether to go for a run. I might go for a short run this afternoon at the beach but will give up on the long run for this weekend until I have seen the doctor again.

It is annoying to have health problems when I am fitter than I have ever been and eat well and generally try to look after myself. Still, no point getting worked up till I have more information.

4 Comments:

At 11:22 AM, Blogger Mat said...

Gee, that's good to get an answer quick and 1st time. That's gotta be good. Don't know about OTA, but hope for you its simply treated. Hang in there :-).

 
At 1:51 PM, Blogger Samurai Running said...

Yes RU

Don't go looking for answers on the internet until you have a talk with the Doctor. It won't help to reassure you just freak you out. Those symptoms could also be attributed to the bite of the "Western Mombassan Sandfly." You been to Keyan recently?

Don't worry your health being as good as it is will help get you over this.

By the way, you asked on my blog "I want more details on how you manage to 'suck it up' when you hit the wall. What do you think about? Are there any tricks worth trying?"

I'll tell you but please keep it a secret. When the going gets rough I picture a scene from "Murials Wedding." Picturing Murial dancing and listening to the ABBA song "Waterloo" in my head seems to get me through.

And you thought you had problems?

 
At 11:29 PM, Blogger 2P said...

And I thought those symptoms were present because you read my blog...

:-)

Mate Scott is right - don't second guess your doctor by google - wait till you see the quack and hear what they have to say.

Good luck with it RU.

 
At 12:51 PM, Blogger Celeste said...

Gosh RU, I hope it all works out OK. (I guess if your illness doesn't stop you running, it can't be ALL bad....)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home