Monday, April 16, 2007

Easy Does It

A nice easy 6k run this afternoon. I am just going to take it easy and be thankful that I can still run at the moment. It would be quite easy for me to stop running with the symptoms I have been experiencing. I know from past forays into running that once I stop for a while it will probably turn into several years.

the first time I took up running i was living in Katherine and just wanted to get fitter (had plenty of time on my hands). Then I met G and moved out of town where I could only run on the soft red sand. Combined with dizzy spells (anemia I later foumd out) it was just too hard and I gave up, however I did an incredible amount of walking.

The next time I took up running I wanted to lose the weight I was carrying after having 2 children. All was going well until I got a bad flu, one of thse ones wgere you feel weak for a month afterwards. We then moved to where we lived now and I thought there was no way i could run up these hills.

This time I want it to be different. I love running and I'm determined to stick at it this time. that said, I know that I have to be sensible about my health (especially with a family history of heart disease). So, I will continue with the easy runs until I know what is wrong and I will also continue blogging/reading blogs for motivation.

BTW does anyone know anything about The Athletes Foot and the fitprint thingo. I took J to get new shoes today and the woman kept asking if he had pains in his feet, hips or back (he answered no) as he leans on his left foot and walks on the inside of his feet and has a falling arch. I'm not sure if I shoulf get this checked out by a professional as he has never complained about any kind of pain. Any thoughts?

3 Comments:

At 11:13 PM, Blogger Samurai Running said...

Glad your back and OK RU.

If you do slack off completely, I will be at you. Don't make me come over there!

Besides if you don't run, who are the bloody Dingos going to stalk? ;)

 
At 4:14 PM, Blogger Mat said...

Good to see your sticking with it RU.

It is important to not push through when your sick though. Whether that means running easy, or running very easy, or skipping runs.

Just stay focused on the goals you've set, seek the help and advice you need (e.g your GP?), adjust your training plan if you need to. And that only leave one thing left to do. Stick with it and go out and do it.

 
At 4:54 PM, Blogger 2P said...

Gosh I go away for a couple of weeks and look what happens!!! I'm going to have to keep a closer eye on you missy :-)

Sensible decision to just take it easy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home