Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Thanks

Thanks for the support guys!

Finally got to the doctor today. The good news is that my blood pressure is fine (110/70). She listened to my heart and said that she could detect a slight murmur (which I didn't know I had) and that it certainly was 'chugging along'. She then sent me off for a blood test to check my iron, so I will have to wait a few days for the results. The best part was that I saw the doctor and then walked up to the pathology and had the blood test all within 30 minutes. Is that a world record?? The other doctor I used to visit could sometimes keep you waiting for over an hour.

I had another easy 6k run when I got home. I have noticed that I seem much more breathless at the moment even though I am taking it easy. Not sure whether to attempt a long run on the weekend. Maybe I'll do 10ks to see how it goes. I'm worried about losing fitness before my race in early June. I got the entry form in the mail the other day and I'm determined to do the half marathon this time.

3 Comments:

At 9:17 PM, Blogger Celeste said...

Glad to see you taking it easy RU. Not that I know about these things - but wouldn't it be better to cop a little lapse in fitness if it means better running in the long term?

Look after yourself.

 
At 10:43 PM, Blogger Samurai Running said...

Good news RU

If it is lack of iron that's the problem then I'd be happy cause by all account that can be remedied.

 
At 12:56 PM, Blogger 2P said...

You wont lose too much fitness if you keep doing little bits.

Hope the results give you a few clues.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home