Saturday, April 28, 2007

Medium Long

Decided to try a longer run but keep it nice and easy. The aim was for 16ks, but I was doing an up and back, up, back, etc so that I could cut it short if need be.

I didn't take the fuel belt and regretted it by the first k as I had a very dry throat (very breathless at the moment).I decided that 12ks would do when I was starting to day dream about a nice cold drink ( also daydreaming about lollies - really craving some sugar).

It was a very slow run but I was glad to get in a longer one. I am still a bit tentative about my heart rate as it really climbs on the hills, so I made sure that I took it easy. I am finding it hard to even run at 7 minute pace at the moment! Still contemplating the half in June. I think I'll do it but with the aim of just finishing and running the whole way (my previous goal was under 2 hrs).


BTW the Anzac Day march was great. There were lots of school children and members of the community there. D read really well and got lots of compliments on his reading. On the way home he commented that it was great fun and I think he felt proud wearing the medals. J and I then went for a 6k run in the afternoon. He ran all the way which is pretty good for a 10 year old.

1 Comments:

At 1:03 PM, Blogger 2P said...

Well done on the 12k RU - great stuff.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home